Monday, March 21, 2011

Lots of updates

Been very busy the last few days with modeling parts for the sim. I'm trying to get everything modeled to the proper dimensions so when the day comes that the parts get made, everything should fit together nicely. That's the plan anyway.

On the instrument panel front, I finalized my overall design of the panel and the steps that contain the five major instruments, the ADI, RWR, Altimeter, VVI and Airspeed. Many many thanks to Gus over at http://www.strandedduckling.com/ for posting dimensions of his real A-10A instrument panel, it really helped me nail down where I had some measurements off. Really though, for guestimating most of it I wasn't off too bad on what I had.

Instrument Panel - 1 - 21MAR11
Current Progress of the Instrument Panel. (Click to see larger sizes)




Also, I have finished the engine instrumentation panel, along with the APU EGT gauge faceplate. The panel will take 12 MS28042 1.93" Instrument Clamps and a post light for each gauge. One screw is counter-sunk and the other is a regular pan head, the post light I modeled off of Hoffman Engineering's night vision (NVIS) compatible white LED post light. I used the APU EGT in the other 11 instruments just to fill space right now.

Instrument Panel - 2 - 21MAR11
Engine Instrument Panel (Click to see larger sizes)


Also on the modeling front, I started the AAU-34/A altimeter, HSI and ADI bezels, and finished the IP-1030/ALR RWR Azimuth Indicator.

AAU34A Housing - Front - 18MAR11
AAU-34/A Altimeter (Click to see larger sizes)

RWR - 1 - 21MAR11
IP-1030/ALR RWR (Click to see larger sizes)

RWR - 2 - 21MAR11
Close up of the IP-1030/ALR RWR (Click to see larger sizes)


There's more things to update on the real world side of the pit, that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment